Since the beginning of time, people have been creating new methods of making the everyday human life more convenient and simple. Even today, in the age of technology and innovation where practically everything has been invented, regular people just like you and I are constantly coming up with new ways to make the hectic lives we live just a little easier. These brilliant people have discovered ways to “hack life” that truly make the little discoveries in life seem legendary. What I came to find after going through about 20 different life hack articles is that many of these hacks just happen to be more beneficial to women than men.
Listed here are the top 12 life hacks every woman should know, pulled from various websites (popsugar.com, buzzed.com, viralnova.com, stylecaster.com, and deply.com), that I believed were the most beneficial to us women, and that weren’t necessarily common knowledge.
- Deodorize Your Pants: Have your pants carried a musty smell that you just can’t seem to get rid of? Well, pop those pair of jeans into a plastic bag and place the bag into your freezer. Leave them in the freezer overnight and the next day they should smell like new.
- Paint Your Keys for Convenience: If you carry quite a few keys on your keychain (which I’m guilty of myself) then paint the tops of them with different nail polish colors. That way the next time you need to find your mailbox key in a hurry, the varying colors make the specific key you’re looking for pop out.
- Use a Straightener to Iron Clothes: If you don’t have time to pull out the iron to get rid of that pesky wrinkle, use your straightener to do the job!
- Use Frozen Grapes to Chill Wine: Using ice cubes to chill wine is always a bad idea, because then your wine becomes watered down and unsatisfactory. Sure, just chilling your glass in the freezer can do the trick, but not everyone has space for it. Instead, just freeze your grapes! Even when they de-thaw, they only add more flavor to the wine.
- Create a Secret Chapstick Wallet: This is one of my personal favorites. When you run out of your chapstick, clean out the tube and use it as a secret compartment for your cash. This can be extremely helpful when you are traveling or walking through an unsafe area.
- Make a Heated Pad with Rice and a Sock: Have a sore neck/shoulders but don’t have any muscle relaxer cream or spray? No worries, pour some rice into an old tube sock long enough to wrap around your neck, heat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, then use to warm whatever needed.
- Use Pant Hangers to Hang Boots: Hangers just make the greatest shoe holders! If you have run out of room for your boots or are looking to free up some space in the closet, hang them in your closet with pant hangers.
- Whiten Your Teeth with a Banana Peel: This one was completely new information to me. Grab a newly used banana peel and rub the inside of the peel on your teeth for about a minute each, then let the banana residue sit on your teeth for about 10 minutes. Next, use a dry toothbrush and brush your teeth. Do this a couple times a week and see brighter, whiter teeth!
- Use Wired Hangers to Hang Sandals: When you no longer need those wire hangers for your clothes, recycle them by turning them into holders for your sandals. Plus this also frees up closet space!
- Make Your Home Smell Like Fall When Vacuuming: The easiest way to do this is to suck up about 2-3 tablespoons of cinnamon before starting to actually vacuum. Turn your vacuum on for a few seconds and let it heat up. The heated cinnamon will scent your rooms as you clean around the house.
- Prevent Burns When Lighting Candles: Lighting hard to reach or shorts candle wicks can lead to burns. Instead, light the end of a piece of spaghetti and use it to light your candles.
- Keep Bread Crispy When Microwaved: When reheating a slice of pizza, dinner roll, etc, add a small amount of water into a glass cup and place it next to your bread inside of the microwave before heating it up. It’ll keep the bread from becoming soggy.
Test out these helpful life hacks and conquer your everyday struggles with ease!